Sunday, July 5, 2026

Life just works in mysterious ways! Service Dogs to Animal Law Enforcement, with or without Prejudice being cast onto me!

 

This might surprise you: I do not take my medical alert service dog(she is a service dog in training at this time) to current places. This is because I would not risk her safety in what I need to do at that moment, and what I’m doing could place her in danger. Like when I need to go over to Louisville Metro Animal Services to update or renew the city licenses on my dogs or my cats, or if my cats snuck out of the house and took off, the first place I look is at Louisville Metro Animal Services. I won't take my service dog into any animal shelter, for that matter, and she’ll stay at home. 

I used to work for an animal shelter in animal law enforcement and welfare, and I left my medical alert service dog at home at that time (that dog passed away in 2015 from cancer). The Animal Care and Control Agency I worked for didn't know I had disabilities because I kept my disabilities undisclosed to the agency. My medical alert service dog wasn’t with me at work, and she was also kept undisclosed because I live in a state where disability discrimination ran rabid. Employers have gotten away with it, and to this day, they still do in that state. After 5 and a half years and everything I did, I decided to disclose my disabilities and that I had a medical alert service dog to them and the captain, and requested to have my dog with me in the ACO/Huame Officer room and in my truck. It wasn't much different than my co-coworker that was an ACO II, that brining her Morkie to work that she carried around the shelter under her arm. The little dog would loose it shit when it saw other dogs, she took it with her on calls, and she called/claimed it was her emotional support animal(ESA) Well guess what….. everything I ever did didn't mean shit to them and I was let go. No, reason or being told why….I got canned by the captain, who just told me that my job wasn't the right fit for me anymore! I felt everything I ever did at the agency was forgotten, and I was abandoned and tossed out by my own agency. My dream job as an ACO/Humane Officer was just thrown back in my face after the captain ripped out my heart, threw it on the ground, and stomped the living FK out of it, and threw it back in my face! It really truly shaddered my heart into millions of pieces😢. It has been years since this has happened, and I faced discrimination everywhere I applied for a job, forced to go on disability, which I never wanted to do, and family members started treating me like scum of the earth. This wildfire took everything I owned including my beloved Super Strat Electric Guitar & Keyboard, all the BS from the insurance company I had, I did a random finger point on a map on the United States of America and moved across country from everything and everyone I knew to have a fresh start. Through my parents and aunt and uncle, I’m close to getting sick and tired of jerks in the family, and they moved out here to Kentucky as well, but they live on the other side of Kentucky in a so what rual area. I do one day want to buy a small little farm(you know, like what little Timmy and Lassie lived in) and a couple of acres of fenced land(this is keeping my Dobermans in mind, this little farm and land would mainly be for them as well as me because I would like to get other farm animals) and be back in my field of passion of animal control/humane law enforcement. 

I’ve been thinking of getting back into the field of animal law enforcement. I do miss it a lot! Maybe I should because I do miss it and it's one my passions! I’m going start volunteering at a animal shelter with a animal control/humane law enforcement to prove I’m more then capable and work my way back up to animal control/animal law enforcement….like I said prove I can still do the job regardless of the matter how my lifestyle and my walk of life is now! Sadly, I’ve already been turned down 4 times by Louisville Metro Animal Services volunteer coordinatoratnater basically telling being a volunteer won't be a fit for me. I’ve told them I used be a ACO and cruelty investigator but they did not care and give me the prejudice without a second thought😢

I’m not giving up on it, I do not give up to easy. I contacted a another animal shelter with a animal law enforcement department and if this one prejudice me as well……..there are plenty of more out there to try and I’m sure there is one will not discrimat prejudice me out there.…even if it’s animal shelter with a animal law enforcement division that's 3+ hours away from me🥰❤️👍

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn and respect the laws…………